Call Today!

facebook logo-blue twitter logo-blue box

Take charge of the safety of your property today

01904 411 040

Nortons Heating carry out minor plumbing work, whether it's a dripping tap or leaking radiator, no job is too small. If your heating or plumbing is not working correctly, call us today.

In 1996 the Government introduced a law that all landlords who rent part or all of their property must have all gas appliances and pipe work checked and a CP12 certificate issued annually.


If you have an appliance serviced at the same time as the gas certificate, we will do this at a reduced rate. Call us and let your property out safely.

Minor plumbing work undertaken too

  • Gas appliance for gas tightness

  • Standing & working pressure

  • Burner pressure/gas rate against manufacturer’s guarantee

  • Provision of all necessary ventilation against manufacturer guidelines

  • All the flame failure devices

  • The functionality of stability brackets

  • Investigate any evidence of unsafe operation & report to a responsible person

  • Test flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion

Landlords Legal Requirements

From 1 October 2015 it is a legal requirement to have at least one smoke alarm installed on every storey of their properties and a carbon monoxide alarm in any room containing a solid fuel burning appliance (e.g. a coal fire, wood burning stove).  After that, the landlord must make sure the alarms are in working order at the start of each new tenancy.  The requirements will be enforced by local authorities who can impose a fine of up to £5,000 where a landlord fails to comply with a remedial notice.

What does a landlords gas safety check include?

Peace of mind for landlord and tenant